Tuesday, September 2, 2008

WOD 9/2/08

We ran two WOD's today. Allison and Michelle were run through one with me eyeballing them and I put myself through a separate one I found on the CF North Santa Cruz site - Thanks, guys!

The WOD the ladies did was a Coach Rut idea of CrossFit Kansas City. I added the rows in between the sets.

Row 500m
40 - pull ups/push ups/sit ups/ squats (subbed Pull ups w/Jumping P/U)
Row 500m
30 - Pull ups/Push ups/Sit ups/Squats
Row 500m
20 - Pull ups/Push Ups/Sit Ups/Squats
Row 500m
10 - Pull Ups/Push Ups/Sit ups/Squats

Times: Allison - 19'38"
Michelle - 21'05

I did this WOD the other day doing 400m runs in the place of rows and dips instead of Push Ups. I did it in 30'39" and was gassed. I was not having an A-game day. The ladies did very well on this one today. Michelle had impeccable push ups and squats. She has come a long way in the past 6 weeks, from barely getting a quarter squat to a nice below parallel squat. Allison was looking good too - just remember to open the hips entirely at the top of the squat. Allison killed the row with good form - nice leg drive, opening the hips and finishing with the arms. Nice push ups too! Overall, very strong work!

I did the following:

5 rounds

Row 300m
10 DB Lunges (45)
5 DB Deadlifts (45)
5 DB Hang Pwr Cln (45)
5 DB Frnt Sqt (45)
5 DB Push Press (45)

Time: 16'28"

Hard! Felt good rowing, but was getting gassed on the rest of the exercises. My output is not great right now with all the hit & miss training I have been having due to outside responsibiliites. My push presses were getting soft at the top.

No comments: